Trick-or-Treat ready: Easy Recipe To Treat Your Pooch
Just because your pooch cannot have chocolate, doesn’t mean he should be left without a treat on Halloween! You can easily prepare some pumpkin pie biscuits to take with you trick-or-treating. Here’s how:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter, smooth
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice.
- In a medium bowl, stir the canola oil, pumpkin, and peanut butter. Make a well in the flour and pour in the pumpkin mixture.
- Using a stand mixer, begin to combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix on low.
- Pour in the water and mix on low to medium low, until thoroughly combined.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and hand knead the dough until no longer sticky.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into shapes with your favorite dog cookie cutters.
- Spray a baking sheet with baking spray, place the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave in for another 30 minutes.